Dear Refuge Coffee Co. Family,
As our communities continue to feel the increased impact of Coronavirus, we feel it is important to share with you what we are doing to help keep people safe and healthy. Please be assured we have protocols in place and are constantly monitoring the CDC and local public health officials. As part of our protocols, our shops and trucks have heightened their cleaning and disinfecting procedures to maintain a healthy environment for everyone.
In addition, actions we have previously taken have helped us prepare for scenarios like this. Throughout this process, we have continuously refined and implemented new procedures. From food safety to health and hygiene to cleaning and sanitation, we have allocated resources through our local health departments as well as invested time and money into
outside food/health safety audits.
We would like to make you aware of the following:
- At this time, we will remain fully open during our normal operating hours and remain
available for all catering business
- We will discontinue the use of all dine-in mugs at our Sweet Auburn location
- We will temporarily remove the self-serve water dispenser at our Clarkston location and
offer bottles of water for sale at cost (while supplies last)
- We will remove self-serve creamer containers
- We will temporarily suspend all Chai-making workshops until further notice
- On Sunday, March 15, we will hold a mandatory COVID-19 information and training
update meeting for our entire team. A medical professional will be present to help in
educating us as well as answering questions and advising us on any additional measures
we can take to ensure the safety of our team and communities that we serve.
We are so thankful for all of your continued support as we strive daily to be a welcome place for all people, to serve amazing coffee and to tell a more beautiful refugee story.
Chief Operating Officer